Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Welcome to my Blog

Welcome to my blog

For my very first project that I will attempt to blog about I will take on my bathroom. We live in an 1897 Victorian Eclectic Home. Over the past 4 years I have been trying to restore the house to it's original glory!

http://farm4.staticflickr.com/3659/3344456262_da65793cf3_z.jpgIn the bathroom I will strip off the the cheap vinyl surround and replace it with subway tile to give it the vintage look it deserves. The shower tray is coming out and will be and will replaced with a enameled cast iron claw foot shower pan. Hopefully when the old shower pan comes up it will reveal the original hexagonal tile underneath that is throughout the rest of the bathroom (and was under the bathoom sink when that came up) and we wont have to find and repair that part of the floor. Lastly the hideous shower plexiglass shower stall will be replaced by a simple L-shaped shower rod and lacy Victorian shower curtain that will remain partially open when not in use to reveal the classic beauty of the oil rubbed bronze plumbing that was exposed and running up the wall typical to the time period in the early 1900's.

If you are interested in any of the products below that I will be using for the renovations, let me know and I will quote you a price.
http://media-cache-ec0.pinimg.com/736x/3d/40/78/3d4078791c5100bf60eace747ec030ac.jpghttp://media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/736x/f0/24/48/f02448775fa4f0837ce184999747e4eb.jpg


http://media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/736x/e9/a1/11/e9a11139b34ac489f10ee3fcf263e60b.jpg

No comments:

Post a Comment